Ideal: Colour, close up, and in focus, without sunglasses or hair hiding your eyes, or shadows on your face.
- The image space is square, so a head-and-shoulders works best. If you upload a full-length body shot, your face will be further away and hard to see.
- Either take a selfie or get someone else to take a few photos in different locations.
- Keep it simple – people don’t need to see your gym equipment, the scenery behind you, or all your cats. Crop out the background clutter so you are the focus in that frame. This is about you!
- If you use an old photo and get a date, they won’t be impressed despite your apologies because they’ll feel misled (and they’d be right!). If you want someone to like you, don’t start by not being realistic about what you look like now.
- While we’re all adults, this isn’t a ‘hook-up’ site; sometimes ‘less flesh is more’ and most dates prefer personality and common interests rather than what physical attributes you have.
- Finally, we’ve all seen those awful profile photos where the ex-partner has obviously been cut out. They really don’t encourage future relationships!
- Profiles without photos do not attract interest. A blank space screams “I think I’m too unattractive for a photo”, or worse “I have something to hide”.
Top hint: Have a few up-to-date photos up your sleeve to rotate, changing every few months.
Photos we do not publish:
Cartoon charicatures, images including children, gang patches, alcohol brands, illegal activity, or subject matter that’s offensive or sexually explicit (body parts or suggestive poses).